Join Our Team!
Fagen Engineering LLC employs top notch engineers and designers in civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines. We look for the best talent to join our staff of forward-thinking and fast acting people. We offer competitive salaries and benefits in an excellent work environment. To learn more, call our office today at 320.564.4573
ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTESM DESIGNER
- The position requires a minimum 5 years of electrical design experience and preferred a minimum of a 2 year Associates Degree.
- As an electrical designer, the applicant should have heavy industrial design experience and be knowledgeable of the National Electric Code (NEC) for design compliance.
- The electrical designer should be familiar with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Building Code (IBC) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) codes.
- The electrical designer should have strong 2D and 3D AutoCAD drafting abilities.
- The electrical designer will assist the Electrical Department Head in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines.
- The electrical designer should have experience with the design of medium and low voltage electrical systems, overcurrent protection (e.g. circuit breakers, fuses etc...) sizing, cable & raceway (e.g. conduit, cable tray etc...) sizing, electrical room arrangement, electrical heat tracing, panelboard schedules, panelboard / motor control center (MCC) sizing, lighting requirements and grounding / lightning protection utilizing applicable codes.
- The electrical designer should have experience with the development / drafting of electrical single lines, panelboard schedules, motor & instrument loops, general arrangement / plans and detail drawings.
- Strong communication skills and good independent judgment are necessary. This electrical designer position involves coordinating many design aspects with other engineering disciplines (controls, civil, structural, process & mechanical), other engineering firms, equipment vendors and clients.
- The electrical designer position will be located in Granite Falls, MN.
- Annual Compensation: Salary based on qualifications and experience
- Performance/Salary Review: Initial 90 day evaluation, then annually
- Health and Vision Insurance: Standard package paid for by the company for you and your family
- Other Benefits: $12,000 Life Insurance Policy and $50,000 Accidental Death Policy
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation- (pro-rated first year), 3 weeks after four years of service
- Holidays: 6 paid holidays each year
- 401K: Eligible to enter the plan for deferral on the next quarterly entry after start date. Eligible for employer match of 50% on the first 6% deferred.
To apply, please mail or email resume to:
Fagen Engineering LLC
Attn.: Terrin Torvik
501 W Hwy 212
Granite Falls, MN 56241
Fax: (320) 564-4861