ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTESM DESIGNER
- The position requires a minimum 5 years of electrical design experience and preferred a minimum of a 2 year Associates Degree.
- As an electrical designer, the applicant should have heavy industrial design experience and be knowledgeable of the National Electric Code (NEC) for design compliance.
- The electrical designer should be familiar with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Building Code (IBC) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) codes.
- The electrical designer should have strong 2D and 3D AutoCAD drafting abilities.
- The electrical designer will assist the Electrical Department Head in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines.
- The electrical designer should have experience with the design of medium and low voltage electrical systems, overcurrent protection (e.g. circuit breakers, fuses etc...) sizing, cable & raceway (e.g. conduit, cable tray etc...) sizing, electrical room arrangement, electrical heat tracing, panelboard schedules, panelboard / motor control center (MCC) sizing, lighting requirements and grounding / lightning protection utilizing applicable codes.
- The electrical designer should have experience with the development / drafting of electrical single lines, panelboard schedules, motor & instrument loops, general arrangement / plans and detail drawings.
- Strong communication skills and good independent judgment are necessary. This electrical designer position involves coordinating many design aspects with other engineering disciplines (controls, civil, structural, process & mechanical), other engineering firms, equipment vendors and clients.
- The electrical designer position will be located in Granite Falls, MN.
- Annual Compensation: Salary based on qualifications and experience
- Performance/Salary Review: Initial 90 day evaluation, then annually
- Health and Vision Insurance: Standard package paid for by the company for you and your family
- Other Benefits: $12,000 Life Insurance Policy and $50,000 Accidental Death Policy
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation- (pro-rated first year), 3 weeks after four years of service
- Holidays: 6 paid holidays each year
- 401K: Eligible to enter the plan for deferral on the next quarterly entry after start date. Eligible for employer match of 50% on the first 6% deferred.
To apply, please mail or email resume to:
Fagen Engineering LLC
Attn.: Terrin Torvik
501 W Hwy 212
Granite Falls, MN 56241
Fax: (320) 564-4861